Which Treatments are right for you?
Laser Hair Removal
Hair reduction can reduce and eliminate unwanted hair from most parts of the body. It is a safe, non-invasive procedure.
Specially designed lasers work by targeting and disabling hair follicles in their active growth cycle without damaging surrounding skin. It works on just about any treatment area of the body where smooth skin is desired … underarms, face, neck, legs, shoulders, back, bikini line, or anywhere that you have unwanted hair.
As skin ages, it becomes thinner and weakens due to a loss of collagen and elastic tissue. In addition, red and brown blemishes appear from long term sun exposure. Intense Pulsed Light (lPL) skin rejuvenation technology is a tight-based treatment that improves the appearance of sun damaged skin, brown spots, broken capillaries and for rosacea through a process known as photo rejuvenation. This non-surgical. non-invasive treatment is ideal for those with active lifestyles as it has very little discomfort and involves no downtime. Laser Photo Facial! IPL treats Blotchy Skin Texture, Facial Redness, Enlarged Pores, Fine lines/wrinkles, Freckles, and certain Birthmarks from to your face, neck, chest, hands and shoulders.
This advanced non-ablative skin resurfacing laser treatment uses an array of hundreds of high-precision micro beams to create narrow, deep columns of
tissue coagulation in the epidermis and dermis to stimulate the body’s natural healing response, causing new, healthy tissue to form in the epidermis
and dermis. This breakthrough laser technology produces minimal redness and discomfort and altows return to daily activities immediately but results
are spectacular. Treatment areas include: Facial Lines, Deep Wrinkles of the face, Sagging Skin, Sun Damaged Skin, and Acne Scared Skin.
The Profractional Laser offers the latest in Deep Skin resurfacing. This unique fractional laser resurfacing technology leaves the surrounding tissue unaffected and intact. Fractional laser treatments with the Profractional Laser allows your skin to heal much faster than if the entire skin surface was treated at once. Profractional Laser treatments treat sun spots and age spots, improves uneven pigmentation and improves wrinkles, stretch marks, and acne scars with minimal downtime
This laser treatment safely and effectively removes tattoos and pigmented lesions. Pulses of highly-concentrated laser light pass harmlessly through the outer layer of the skin and are absorbed by the pigment in tattoo inks. The light is converted into heat, which breaks the ink into tiny particles. The body’s lymphatic system carries away the residual ink particles, causing the tattoo to fade or disappear completely.
Endovenous Laser Treatment
Sclerotherapy, combined with Endovenous Laser Treatment. allows patients by treating the smallest spider vein to the largest rope like varicose vein. This nearly painless, minimally invasive procedure involves injecting a sclerosing agent – typically a saline solution – into the vein, causing it to fade gradually over time. The procedure uses a tiny micro-needle which causes minimal pain. Larger blue veins are treated with Palomar 1064 laser treatments, or a combination of both types of treatments. After the procedure and over time the vein becomes invisible.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) for photo-rejuvenation work?
Photo-rejuvenation uses a multi frequency (NON-ablative) laser pulsed on top of the skin to change the molecular structure and the appearance of aging skin below the surface, giving it a tighter and younger look. Fine lines and wrinkles will fade, and pores will reduce up to 50% in size. Patients at Lose It Right with facial veins should see immediate results the day of treatment. The veins are “shut down”, which means they will turn from red to gray, then slowly fade away. Sunspots will turn darker in color and they will begin to flake off in 10 to 14 days. Patients with rosacea or “red cheeks” should see results after the first treatment. The skin will start to regain its normal color, however you must complete your series of treatments, or it will return.
What will IPL work on?
- IPL (photo rejuvenation) will help: Reduce Spider Veins (Legs, etc.)
- Reduce skin redness/rose colored cheeks (rosacea)
- Treats warts, condyloma, & keratosis
- Remove facial veins (Telangiectasia)
- Reduce fine lines
- Reduce pore size
- Remove sunspots (face, chest, neck, hands, etc.)
Does it hurt?
Most patients describe the treatment as the “snap” of a rubber band against the skin. Numbing agents are available upon request. Please contact your doctor/clinician at least 24 hours before your treatment time if you would like to use a numbing agent. Most patients are able to complete their procedure without any topical or oral pain medication.
What is the recovery time?
Since this is a non-ablative procedure, there is almost no recovery time. This procedure can be done over a lunch hour and the patient can go back to work. Patients should understand that there is the possibility of redness and swelling for up to 48 hours post treatment. When treating brown areas or sunspots patients need to be aware that the spots will get up to three shades darker and may take up to three weeks to fully disappear.
How many treatments do I need?
A minimum of three treatments are normally required to obtain optimal results. Sometimes up to five are required. Your doctor/clinician will be able to better evaluate how many treatments your will need during your consultation.
Will I see results the first day?
Yes. Although IPL results improve over time, patients experience a tightening of the skin immediately and will see sun damage, veins, and rosacea subsiding immediately.
Are there any side effects?
Depending on the aggressiveness of the treatment, some patients may experience light swelling, light scabbing (flaking of damaged cells), blistering, and mild discomfort. All of these side effects will fade over time.
PRE TREATMENT RECOMMENDATIONS:
- Stay out of the sun for at least 14 days prior to treatment.
- Do not wear make-up on areas that are going to be treated.
- Inform your doctor/clinician of any skin abnormalities or history of skin cancer prior to treatment.
- Apply numbing agent one hour prior to treatment. Use only under the direction of your doctor/clinician.
- Please inform your doctor/clinician of all products and prescriptions you are currently using.
- Some of these products may be photo sensitive and require that you discontinue use at least 5 days prior to treatment.
POST TREATMENT RECOMMENDATIONS:
- Treat the area like a burn. Apply cortisone or aloe lotions for 48 hours. Apply ice packs for 20 min. intervals (waiting an hour between) for up to 48 hours or until the swelling subsides
- Do not wear make-up for 24 hours. Consult you doctor/clinician as to when you should resume using any prescriptions or products.
- Wash with lukewarm water only. For burn relief and to cleanse excess cortisone you may mix 1 cup of white vinegar with 4 cups of lukewarm water. Wash skin gently for the first few days.
- Do not exfoliate within two weeks post treatment.
- Do not “pick” scabs or brown spots. This may result in scarring.
- Apply lotions with sun block. Reapply every four hours for maximum protection.
- Consult your doctor/clinician with any questions or concerns.
- Please ask your Doctor/Clinician about other Laser Treatments that may be offered.